The Breadcrumbs widget will appear here on the published site.
The COVID-19 pandemic has rapidly and dramatically impacted the state of Michigan in just a few short months. And due to its rapid spread, the use of masks and social distancing measures are in full force keeping many of us from venturing out to our favorite coffee shop to meet up with friends or just spend time alone but still among other humans. Here are some easy ways how we can help support our local coffee business while still following recommended safety protocols.
Here are a few ways you can support a local Michigan coffee business
1. Call ahead – If you're not sure where to start, call directly and ask how you can support them and what's the best way to buy from them right now. The extra effort to connect with a local business goes a long way and they will be forever thankful to you for doing so. Browse our Coffee Shops Directory to find a local Michigan coffee shop nearest you. We have their phone numbers and websites listed, so reaching out is easy!
2. Order delivery or pickup – Your favorite coffee spot may not be open for table service but they might deliver curbside, or in some cases, right to your door. Who said social distancing couldn't be delicious?
3. Order coffee beans online – the internet is always open! Many Michigan coffee roasters have online stores connected to their websites making online ordering the easiest way to get freshly roasted, local coffee delivered right to your house or office! Home brewing is on the rise, so why not have the freshest coffee you can get?
4. Buy a gift card – Bank some goodwill. Gift cards are a simple way to demonstrate your support now and treat yourself later - your timely purchase could make all the difference. Check the shop's website to see if they have them online, or call and ask how to get one.
5. Like, share, post, and repost – Even if you can't provide any financial support in the way of a purchase, sharing, liking and commenting on social media posts is a great way to show your support. Who knows, you might even make a new friend or two!
6. Write positive reviews – A quick, easy way to support local right now—without spending any money—is by writing a positive review on platforms like Google, Yelp, and Facebook. You will provide moral support the digital way. Not only does this give coffee shops and coffee roasters something to smile about, but it can also have a longer-lasting impact: when shops do re-open—and tourists inevitably return—a log of glowing words can only help attract more people and business.
Supporting our local coffee businesses through this challenging time is not just about keeping them open, it's about keeping our local communities alive and thriving. What would your town be like without a local coffee shop? Together, we can keep our Michigan communities alive and vibrant for years to come.
Like What We're Doing?Buy us a coffee
Your contribution will help MIcoffee.org continue to bring you great Michigan coffee stories
The Lastest Posts widget will appear here on the published site.
The Most Popular Posts widget will appear here on the published site.